Making flying safe and comfortable for your baby
24 May 2012 20:00:00
Taking your baby on board a plane can be quite stressful: Your otherwise sweet and quiet baby may cry during the whole flight disturbing other passengers. Travelling with your baby and using planes require some extra preparations. Here are a few tips that may help make flying safe and comfortable for your baby, yourself and other passengers.
- Best to consult your doctor before you take your baby to fly. He can advice if it is safe and your baby does not have an ear infection or any other condition that may make flying dangerous
- Try to keep still when your baby starts to cry, do not get stressed out as this will influence the baby too.
- Ask for a window seat, so your baby can watch outside which reduces its stress.
- If your baby cries a lot, if possible, just take it and slowly walk in the aisle of the aircraft
- Donï¿½t be shy to breastfeed her.
- Let your baby suck on his drinking bottle, especially during takeoff and landing. The swallowing induced by it reduces the uncomfortable pressure difference while climbing or descending.
We hope these tips are useful and you help you to feel more easy taking your baby out flying.