Flying comfortably while pregnant
27 Sep 2012 18:57:00
Are you pregnant and planning to travel by plane? Do not be worry because you can still have a safe and swift flight. These are some tips you need to pay attention to when travelling by plane for pregnant woman :
1. Before you fly see your doctor to consult your condition. Make sure that there is no problem with your pregnancy, and you will get the doctor's permission.
2. Choose comfortable shoes to wear, high heels are not recommended, pick the flat one which are easy to loosen.
3. Come to the airport earlier at checking in time, so you can pick comfortable places in the plane. These are several good spots we suggest you to take:
The seat near the toilet, so you do not need to walk throught the whole plane when you want to use it.
The seat near the aisle, making it easy to sit or stand up
Seats near the emergency exits. These seats have more space so you can stretch your feet.
4. Bring some healthy food with you, especially fresh or canned fruit. Stay away from fast food.
5. If the trip takes a long time, try to have a walk every half hour. It will be easier if you sit near the aisle. Also remember to stretch your feet so you will not have cramps.
6. Write down your doctor's phone number. If there is any problem he can be contacted directly.